Scoopers from Tolkien fan site TheOneRing.net have confirmed a synopsis for Amazon’s forthcoming series set in Middle-earth.
Fans have waited patiently for 3 years, since Amazon announced they acquired the TV rights to LORD OF THE RINGS, to get an idea of what a new Middle-earth show will be about. We finally have the answer, thanks to an incredible spy report. TheOneRing.net has verified the authenticity & accuracy of this show description.
What will Amazon’s Middle-earth series include?
- The series will feature “familiar and new” characters.
- Amazon will set its series during events of Middle-earth’s Second Age.
- That’s before the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings books (and films).
- It will involve Tolkien’s “greatest villain,” likely Mairon, later to be called the dark lord Sauron.
- The series will go beneath the Misty Mountains cold, explore the elven city of Lindon, and sail out to Númenor and beyond.
What about the Middle-earth nudity rumors?
Finally: We’ve heard no further word about whether Amazon’s series will attempt Game of Thrones–inspired content such as nudity and sexual situations. For TORN’s overview about that situation, plus fantastic Tolkien-centric commentary, see Cliff Quickbeam Broadway’s October 2020 article “Sex & Sensibility: Amazon’s Nude Take On Tolkien.”