Note: If you spy a gremlin in any of these forms, please use the suggestion box to let us know.
What is Lorehaven?
Lorehaven.com serves Christian fans by finding biblical truth in fantastic stories. This way, fans can grow to be more like Jesus Christ. We can find biblical happiness and holiness only in Jesus as we explore fantasy, science fiction, and other fantastical genres for his glory.
Lorehaven.com began in 2018. But our roots go much deeper.
Explore our mission, including our 2021 upgrade to an all-digital monthly, in this article.
How does Lorehaven work?
- Readers can subscribe free to get Lorehaven updates.
- Every Tuesday, we release a new episode of the Fantastical Truth podcast.
- Every week, we release new articles from fantastic creators at Lorehaven.com.
- Each Friday, we release new reviews of fantastical Christian-made novels.
- We post news updates for announcements and to explore trending fan topics.
- Reviewers’ time and our web hosting is funded by site and podcast sponsors.
Who is Lorehaven’s audience?
We are reaching thousands of readers and podcast listeners.
These are not just other writers. These are new fans: kids, young adults, and grown-ups who enjoy Christian-made, fantastical novels.
We share specific reader, listener, and social media fan totals in our Advertising Guide (available upon request).
How can we share your stories with new fans?
1. Request a Lorehaven review
Lorehaven releases new novel reviews each week.
To be considered for Lorehaven review, novels must fit these qualifications:
- Fantastical in genre,
- Professionally published (indie or traditional).
Our Lorehaven Review Team matches qualifying books to the best reader.
We also prioritize newer novels, so we will consider release dates (including pre-published titles).
What’s in a Lorehaven review?
First, you get a short review of a recent Christian-made fantastical novel. We describe the characters, plot, and world. You’ll get an idea of what themes the story explores. You’ll notice, however, that we don’t offer star-based rankings or thumbs up/thumbs down. Sure, some stories have objectively good or bad traits. But we hope to review only the best stories, and match these with the best fans.
Second, under Best for, we identify kinds of readers we believe will love the story.
Please note that the term “discern” does not mean we must always avoid story elements, such as certain words or themes, because we find them offensive. In Christ, we have the option of freedom to engage with any story as in-training members of Jesus’s church family. Some readers, however, may need to avoid a story if it will tempt them personally to sin.
In that case, we feel these elements are worth discussion as fans help each other to find truth in fantastic stories. In your family or church, mature readers may need to read the novel first, then help other readers engage it with truth and imagination.
2. Sponsor the podcast or website
Our ads manager, Zachary Totah, stands ready to assist with any sponsorship needs.
3. Add your novel to the Lorehaven Library
The Lorehaven Library lists any novel that fulfills these criteria.
- Books must be based on a Christian worldview. For clarification, see our Faith Statement.
- Novels must include fantastical (or speculative) genres. These include, but are not limited to: fantasy, science fiction, supernatural/horror, paranormal, and alternate history.
- All novels must be complete and published.
- Acceptable books can be from any publishing company.
- We accept submission of self-published novels. However, if your novel is self-published, we especially recommend including an endorsement or excerpted review of your book from an independent source.
- The Library is organized by volunteers. So it may be a while before your book appears. Search the Lorehaven Library to see if it is added. Newly added novels will also appear on Lorehaven’s front page.
- Site editors can deny books that don’t fulfill these criteria.