131. What If An Airborne Mist Turned Humans Into Zombies? | The Skyworld Series with Morgan L. Busse
What if humans who survived an apocalypse were forced to flee into the sky to escape a deadly mist? And what if one sky-diver, working aboard an airship, was hired to find the impossible: a way to eradicate the Mist for good? Of course, it helps little that the Mist is rising and threatening to turn humans into steampunk zombies. That’s the world of Morgan Busse’s Skyworld series that starts with Secrets in the Mist and finishes with Blood Secrets. In this episode, Morgan makes her Fantastical Truth debut.
- Enclave Publishing: Blood Secrets by Morgan L. Busse
- An Unexpected Adventure by Kandi J. Wyatt
- Lost Bits by Kerry Nietz
Introducing fantasy novelist Morgan L. Busse
Morgan L. Busse is a writer by day and a mother by night. She is the author of the Follower of the Word series, The Soul Chronicles, The Ravenwood Saga, and now the Skyworld series that includes Secrets in the Mist and Blood Secrets. She is a three-time Christy Award finalist and winner of both the INSPY and the Carol Award for best in Christian speculative fiction. During her spare time she enjoys playing games, taking long walks, and dreaming about her next novel. Visit her website: MorganLBusse.com.
- “How Writing Helped Me Overcome My Fear of Flying,” Morgan L. Busse, Oct. 27, 2021
- “I Want to Share With Other People Who God Is,” Lorehaven magazine, fall 2018 issue
Chapter 1: How did you discover biblical faith and fantastic imagination?
Chapter 2: What’s life like up in the steampunk sky?
Chapter 3: What’s next in your creative fantastical future?
Ahhh, very nice. Now this is interesting and great to see.
Patrick Kane Abbott also replied to that article:
It will be an interesting shift for readers who are use to fluff/cringe “Christian fiction” to accept characters who are not perfect, do not always make the right decisions, and repeatedly fall (just like how everyone of us actually are). . . .
I think I’m still scarred by my time being a book seller, but from what I gather the big sellers are still more fluffy than anything else.
Meanwhile at Lorehaven
- Don’t miss Josiah’s article, which caused a lot of great discussion.
- As we’ve mentioned, we’re hosting a Hobbit virtual moot on Saturday, Oct. 1.
- Watch this week for a fantastic article about The Hobbit’s mythic origins.
- Then on Monday, Oct. 3, we begin our journey to defeat count Dracula.
- Subscribe free to Lorehaven updates and get your Lorehaven Guild invitation.
Next on Fantastical Truth
Our new Monster Month series has begun. During our next few episodes, we’ve scheduled stops at your favorite haunted house for some scary topics. Yet as with count Dracula, it’s not the power of evil but the power of Christ that compels us. That’s why we’re surveying the genre of horror. Then we’re learning how tens of thousands of new readers have discovered the holiness and horror of Dracula. Then we’ll stop by the mad scientist lab, and finally, by somehow popular demand, we’ll try to explore why we have all this Christian curiosity about the Nephilim. This spooky season, welcome to Monster Month.
Explore the best Christian-made fantasy, sci-fi, and beyond, and apply these stories' meanings in the real world Jesus calls us to serve.